Monday 11 July 2016

SCREW LABELS


 I have been thinking a lot about the Orlando tragedy a lot recently and my heart goes out completely to all the people who are survivors of the tragic event and what they must be feeling.  My heart also goes out to all the loved ones of the people who lost their life that night.  What has this world came to? Seriously? Just let people be themselves, it is none of your concern what gender they identify as, who they fall in love with it is none of your concern.  JUST LET PEOPLE BE HAPPY.


image taken from google images

There has been a complete sense of community on twitter recently, just full of support for the Orlando victims and also for the family and friends of Christina Grimmie, who was killed the night before this tragedy.  Christina Grimmie was a huge influence to me, she made me realise that it is okay to be yourself and it even better to be weird and silly sometimes.  She will be greatly missed.

I have been seeing a lot of posts by her friends and devoted fans saying how talented she was, how hilarious she was and how inspiring she was to this world. Yes I do believe she was all of these things. But she was also so much more. She was beautiful, a gamer, a lover of music and seeing bands. This got me thinking that we are not one thing. There are so many aspects our personalities that mash together to make you, you.

 I am going to let you know what I identify as parts of me. I would like to note that I don't ever see the point of labels, it just creates discrimination for no reason whatsoever.  I encourage you all to do the same thing. Diversity is beautiful you guys. 

  In no particular order; 

I am... 
female and I identify as female
not a girly girl 
demiromantic
an animal activist and completely against animal cruelty 
a feminist 
a vegetarian and merging into veganism
a music and mario obsesser. 
a lover of all things old looking and strange
not completely completely comfortable with my body 
sexually active
very interested in genetics and heritability
a psychology and English student at university and particular interested in mental illnesses and the treatment due to personal reasons
a writer
an artist 
scottish but I belong in Canada as that is where my family is from
a Canadian obsessor. 
understanding
open minded and a lover of nature and all that is around me
a person who cand eeply understand mental health disorders
extremely curious
a buddist 
a tattoo lover
addicted to laughter 
obsessed with Elvis Presley, LOTR, Simon and Garfunkel, FRIENDS (TV), Orphan Black and many many films.
unsure what I want ever. 

I strongly encourage you all to do this to get rid of this idea that we can only be one thing and we can also get to know each other more! 
Feel free to follow and comment with what you identify as I would love to read them.

Keep believing and doing you,

Love, Tay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.