Sunday 3 July 2016

WRITING | Poetry

image taken from quozio.com

This is just a poem I wrote that I wanted to share with you guys.  I wrote it in my creative writing class and just previously a serious long term relationship ended.  I was heart broken, but I picked myself back up and I have revisited the poem.  A year later, I am in a new relationship with one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  The poem is about both, where there is heart break but time heals and time moves on and you can breathe again and be happy.  

I met him. 
It is fun. It is exciting. 
He is cute.
It is so new.
It is so simple.
Is it the real thing?

We're together
It is scary, there are doubts. 
It is not fun anymore. 
W argue, but the bond is still there.
Can it be broken?

I can't feel him around me.
He is just not here.
He found another love.
My heart is broken.
My lost love, 

He is gone forever.
The memories are strong and they hurt. 
Though some will fade.
I miss him. 
But, he's no longer mine to miss

It is time to move on.
There is music. There is dancing.
There is friendship.
I met him.
It is fun.

This was my first try at poetry.  But I really enjoyed it.  Time is a healer and life moves on.  Amazing things are to come. Poetry is beautiful and true.  I will be exploring it further in later studies at university and if you want me to continue to share my writing projects just let me know in the comments.

Love, Tay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.